Sunday, 10 November 2013

Fun Weekend and plans for 2014

I am just going to pop up this quick post to say a big thank you to all who attended the first Blog-Con, I think it was a great start to what will become a great annual event.
I want to say how great Foundry were in hosting the event and keeping us all supplied with tea coffee and food. Also a huge thank you to all who hosted a game at the event without you the event would be dead in the water.
Before I upload a few pictures I wanted to direct you to the poll on the top right of the blog, after talking to people over the weekend I can concluded the most important thing we learned was that Ray's snoring keeps Fran awake sorry wrong Loki dislikes morris dancers sorry again wrong post. No the Blog-Con will return in 2014 but with a few changes, we will only do one day the Saturday but will extend the event into a social evening at a local Pub/Eatery, to which end I have asked which Saturday would fit best with you guys, I want to stick to this time of year as I feel it ends the show season well. Once I know the favoured day I will contact Foundry and make the booking.
I think maybe the biggest hit of the weekend Dave's table and game









23 comments:

  1. It was a joy to meet up. Plenty of laughs. Top marks to Foundry for their hospitality and providing a great gaming area, surrounded with shiney potential purchases. The location is really good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful weekend which i enjoyed greatly. Dave's game was a blast as was meeting fellow bloggers. Roll on next year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the 1st November will be a carry over from Halloween and the 8th is the day before Remembrance Sunday so people may have other commitments, so how about the 15th?

    What's the collective noun for bloggers? Are they suited to social events? Would finger food be more appropriate? These an other questions . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. going the wrong Way Gary, 8th is Crisis BfC are going was thinking of the 1st as the latest and end of Oct as other possibles

      Delete
    2. Well there's usually SELWG in the middle(ish) of October and SELWG at the end of the month which leaves 4th October or 1st November, assuming the two shows keep to the same weekends (and there's no guarantee of that).

      Delete
  4. Loved it. what a great weekend, don't know about you lot but I'm absolutely shattered!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am but my head is over flowing with ideas to convert Dave's rules for a Zombie survivor game

      Delete
    2. And I heard it was you that did all the snoring....yep also a tired.. But would not have missed it

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I think maybe even hotels.. Cities.......

      Delete
  6. So the Bromantics (Fran and Ray) were sharing a bedroom? Well, I guess it's a case of "what goes on at Blog-Con stays at Blog-Con"

    It sounds like everyone had a great time - I wish I'd been able to attend. Maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't want to know what happened at nights.
      I might be available next year.
      Cheers
      Seb

      Delete
    2. Now you know why I stayed at home and drove up early on Sunday!

      Delete
  7. What ever date I will be there, it was a tun of fun

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I missed, other commitments caught up with me. Sounds like a good day out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi guys, glad you all had fun!

    One thing I will suggest is that Nov 1st 2014 may well clash with both Halloween (for people with kids etc) and also with the Crisis Wargames show in Antwerp, that Foundry were at this year, and possibly will be in 2014. I'd be tempted to push it back into mid-october, if that's feasible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crisis is on the 8th in 2014 as far as I am aware, Mid Oct is one of the options

      Delete
  10. Had a great time, well done to James and all the organisers! Count me in for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was a smashing success - I really need to try and cross the pond for next year's event

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to everyone organising the event. It was a fantastic day out. I think it's a good idea to go for a one-day event next year. As for timing - I'm happy to go along with whatever suits everyone else. My only thought would be to try and leave at least one weekend free between Blog-Con and Crisis in Antwerp if possible. See you all next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too agree here the wife would kill me otherwise

      Delete
  13. Wow what nice tables, you have good con and many painted cows.

    ReplyDelete